- No matter how small you are, act like a BIG Dog.
- Always be loyal to the ones who fill your food and water bowls.
- Greet people with a happy wag.
- Once you sink your teeth into a project, don't let go until it's done.
- Protect your territory.
- Protect your people.
- Don't bark unless there is a real need.
- Be patient with people. They don't always understand what it is you want.
- Don't leave a mess where people can step in it.
- Howling all night at the moon only wastes energy.
- You're not a squirrel, so don't chase after them. They can climb trees and you can't.
- Stay clear of cats. They have claws.
- If you get scolded, don't sulk. Just get on with life.
- If you don't expect anything from anyone, you'll never be disappointed; and if you get something, it's a treat.
- Try to make people laugh every now and then. They'll love you for it.
- Sniff things out before jumping in all the way.
- Take time to play.
- Take time to nap.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Business Lessons I Learned from My Dogs
In honor of "Marley & Me", I thought I'd let you in on the business lessons that I learned from my dogs (the current one and those who have gone on to doggie heaven):