Friday, March 19, 2010

Funeral Services for Customer Service on Hold...

I've cancelled the funeral service for customer service in respect to our online book order problem. I got several emails from Abebooks.com and from the book seller who shipped the book. And the book arrived within 4 days. So we have no quarrel with Abebooks. I even got a comment on the blog posting from Abebooks. I can appreciate the fact that the book site and seller made things right. The book seller does need to make sure that his email response is correct from now on, though. It is a bit disconcerting when you pay for expedited shipping and get an email saying that your package is coming via Uncle Sam's pony express.

I haven't cancelled the funeral for J.C. Penney's customer service, though. It's been almost two weeks since the local store said I would get a new pair of glasses to replace my now long lost pair. I haven't heard a word since my last call to them. And I'm keeping notes on dates, times and what has been said.

You would think that a company of J.C. Penney's size would respond at least as fast as our online book buddies at Abebooks. Not so. And I guess they don't have anyone who monitors the Internet for things that are being said about the company. I'm not sure how large or small Abebooks is, but I'm sure they don't have the corporate hiring power of J.C. Penney, and yet they obviously monitor the blogs on the Internet.

Good for Abebooks.com! Bad for J.C. Penney! Perhaps I should offer them our services in public relations and customer service training.

Thanks for restoring my faith in techies, Abebooks.com (especially Scott)! Perhaps you need to offer your services to J.C. Penney, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment